Why do I keep getting killed by people I don't know?
- 1) Amateur programmer trying to jazz up the game;
- b) the random nature of the universe.
- The attacks are random. Really. It's random that you meet these
interesting folks; and it's random that they kill you. (There's an equal
chance that they won't -- though it doesn't seem that way.) All the attacks
are on a random number. Use SAVE often, and RESTORE, and odds may be that
they won't be there next time.
- I actually have played the original game without getting killed, so
it can happen.
- However, for those tired of getting murdered every .68 seconds, there's
a less violent version. (Though you still run into some ... interesting
situations....) Both versions are on the main page.